Terms & Conditions
Read all about our terms & conditions when flying with Sunair
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ISSUE 59 WEF MON 16 MARCH 2020
1. The Carrier does not guarantee passage. Scheduling may be altered at short notice to suit operational requirements. Should the Carrier cancel a flight, the Carrier shall refund the passenger their airfare in full forthwith. The Carrier does not accept liability for any costs or inconvenience incurred by a passenger as a result of a cancelled flight or altered schedule.
2. Confirmation of a reservation requires payment of the airfare to the Carrier or the Carrier’s agent. Payment of a fare using a card through our online booking system will incur a booking fee of 2.3%. Bookings taken via phone incur a $10 fee for credit card transactions.
3. Passengers must report at the Carrier’s check-in facility not less than 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Failure to arrive at the set time for check-in may result in a missed flight and forfeited fare.
4. COVID-19 UPDATE: All Sunair passengers are required to show a current Vaccine Pass or a negative PCR (within the previous 72 hours) in order to fly with Sunair. This is in line with government directives under the Traffic Light System.
All cancellations made due to the travel restrictions in place during the Coronavirus situation, will be held in credit for 12 months from the date of your departure. Alternatively, you are entitled to one free name change on your fares if you on sell them or gift them to someone else. Refunds are available when a credit is not able to be taken. Our standard cancellation policy will be in place once the current situation changes. Cancellation of air travel on full fares incurs a $50 fee per flight, unless within 24 hours or 1 full business day before departure time then they shall forfeit the airfare. Alteration of air travel on full fares incurs a $30 fee per flight, unless within 24 hours or 1 full business day before departure time then they shall forfeit the airfare.
5. Daily Deals may be available one business day prior to travel and subject to availability. These are not transferable or refundable.
6. Direct Flights may at times go via another nearby region on route causing a 15-30 minute delay.
7. Baggage weight is restricted to 15kg per passenger. Excess baggage weight - $5/kg payable at check-in. Unaccompanied freight - $5/kg (min $25). The Carrier accepts liability for damaged or lost baggage or items of freight up to a maximum of $500 per bag or consignment. Carriage of baggage is at the discretion of the company and its employees.
8. An infant (0 –up to 2 years) may travel free of charge on a full fare paying, caregiver’s knee, not on an allocated seat. However, the infant’s weight shall contribute toward the 15kg caregiver’s baggage allowance. A child (2 – 11 years incl) is eligible for a child’s fare of $120-$160 one-way provided they are accompanied by a fare paying adult.
9. The carriage of dangerous goods is strictly prohibited, including firearms, explosives, compressed gases, corrosive materials, flammable liquids, poisons and radioactive material. Animals must be caged or sitting on their owners lap on a lead.
10. If a passenger is over the weight of 100kgs they must specify when booking, there may be additional charges if 2 seats are required. Any passenger who has mobility issues must advise at the time of booking to ensure safe boarding and disembarking of the aircraft. Call 0800 786 247 to discuss.
11. Any credits offered by Sunair have a 6 month expiration date from Date of Issue, unless advised otherwise.
12. Where extra flights are put on over and above the scheduled flights, an extra fare or surcharge may apply. This will be advised at time of booking.